Rutgers is hitting the bigtime, with more success on the recruiting trail and more scrutiny over the athletic department. Although most of the negative articles seem to be reporters chasing a story more than a story waiting for reporters, it’s still news. And with that, here are a few worthwhile links I’ve read over the past few weeks.
- Rutgers Recruiting Roundup – Desmond Scott decommitted since this was written, but it’s still a great class nonetheless.
- Schiano, Nelligan relationship was well documented – there’s been a hullabaloo over Schiano’s contract the past two weeks, but most of it is really old news anyway
- Rutgers football tagged top sleeper team in the nation – Thank you, SI!
- SNY the new TV home of Rutgers football – What a relief that SNY is part of my regular cable package
- Fundraising woes have Rutgers scarlet-faced – The funding for phase 2 of the stadium expansion is not yet a done deal
Just a few of the key stories that have been written about in the lead up to the start of the next season. For which, I am happy to say, I can’t wait.