Week 2 brought some separation among the schools. Here are my thoughts on week 2.
1. USF – 2 wins back to back, and no hesitation in beating Ball State.
2. West Virginia – Losing 12 – 10 to Norfolk State at the half disqualifies you for the top spot, even if you eventually win 55-12.
3. Pittsburgh – Struggled to hold off Maine, but still managed to win.
4. Syracuse – Fought off Rhode Island, but again, a win is a win.
5. Rutgers – Defense – check. Special Teams – check. If Rutgers finds a running game, they can still do really well this season.
6. UConn – Rutgers may not have a run game, but UConn doesn’t have an offense.
7. Cincinnati – You have to be in it to win it. Cincinnati was never in it with Tennessee.
8. Louisville – Nice job giving FIU their first win ever over an AQ school. The score makes this game look closer than it was.