Bryan and I had an e-mail exchange last week on the topic of whether I should get a PC or a Mac as my next laptop. Here’s a brief summary of what I learned.
- Macs work well “straight out of the box”
- Macs handle video / DVD editing without adding any software
- Friends of Bryan attest to Parallels runs Windows better on a Mac than Windows on a PC
- I can still sync up Smartphones like the Blackberry courtesy of 3rd party software
- MS Office runs fairly well on Macs
- I also get the use of TextEdit, iTunes, iMovie and Quicktime with Perian
- JBuilder, myEclipse, and mySQL are also available
- My printer (HP PhotoSmart 3210) is compatible
- My Maxtor Shared Storage drive is compatible as well
- BookEndz does make a MacBook “docking station”
Looks like I’m going to have a tough decision on my hands soon (very soon, given my keyboard is starting to break).