Yet another night I find myself tossing and turning and otherwise unable to sleep. For about the past week I’ve really managed to throw my sleep cycle off, and now I’m just sick of it. I can’t figure out why, but I’ll throw up a couple theories.
1. The Theory of a Thousand Daily Stressors: Work, office politics, chores around the house, neglecting of any of the following: this blog, my friends and family, housework, laundry, putting those DMV stickers on my license plate, updating my photo album and scrapbook from my last trip, hanging up some pictures around the house, or any of the other myriad mini-tasks that exist to be done.
2. The Theory of Financial Fear: Let’s face it, traveling costs money and I’ve been doing a lot of traveling. And I don’t have nearly as much in my savings account these days as I should. While I don’t like to talk about finances, in so far as my own, I will say that while I’m not broke, I’m not rich, either.
3. Emotional, Mental and Physical Well-being: I haven’t been feeling my best, on many levels, and this has me stressed. That’s all there is to say about that.
4. The Irregular Sleep Schedule: Last Monday, I threw off my sleep schedule by heading in to work an hour earlier than normal. Since then I’ve been tired, taking naps and in general mucking up my otherwise regular sleep pattern. I’m almost certain I’m paying the price for that.
5. The Multiple Sources Theory: The truth is, it’s probably a sprinkling of number 1, a dash of number 2, and an oodle of number 3, all topped off with number 4.
Hopefully, exhausting myself tomorrow will force me back on track tomorrow night. It had better, because this is simply ridiculous.