2010 was another year filled with books and movies. Below are incomplete lists that I read this year, since I did not keep an accurate count.
The book count seems lower than it really is. I’ll do better next year, I promise.
- The Lost City of Z
- The Good Book
- In Her Shoes
- On the Brink: Inside the Race to Stop the Collapse of the Global Financial System
- Bonjour Laziness: Why Hard Work Doesn’t Pay
- The Martian Chronicles
- Fahrenheit 451
- The Towers of Midnight (WoT Book 13)
- Marked for Death: Dying for the Story in the World’s Most Dangerous Places
- Berlin Noir: March Violets; The Pale Criminal; A German Requiem
- Whatever It Takes: Geoffrey Canada’s Quest to Change Harlem and America
- Sherlock Holmes
- Up in the Air
- Shall We Dance?
- Iron Man
- Star Trek
- Four Christmases
- Slumdog Millionaire
- October Sky
- Iron Man 2
- The Iron Giant
- Monsoon Wedding
Per CB, this seemed to be enough to warrant its own category this year.
- Flamenco – to get back in the spirit of Spain for an evening
- The Foreigner – how often does the KKK make an appearance on stage?
- Brad & Colin from the Whose Line Is It Anyway? show – just like the show, without Drew Carey
- Memphis – One of the best musicals either of us had seen in awhile
- Tchaikovsky @ the Mann Music Center – outdoors at the Mann in the summer, with fireworks
- Fiddler on the Roof – Not a bad showing at the Walnut
- Barenaked Ladies – Not the same as they once were
- Pirates of Penzance – The Sydney Opera house
- Jersey Boys – This was the only time I’ve ever seen the ushers actually throw someone out